Just after trying chef Aaron Sanchez’s chipotle chicken on Monday’s event, I couldn’t wait more to start cooking the recipe that Sierra Mist® gave us to prepare it. I am amazed of how EASY it was, and how much flavor the chicken absorbs because of the slow cooking method and the flavors mixed into it. It’s one of those things you just can’t stop eating… very addictive! You can eat it into tacos, tortas, baguettes or just by itself! It’s delicious!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 3-4 hours
- 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 12oz can Sierra Mist Natural®
- 1 15oz. can diced tomatoes, with their juice
1. Put thechicken in the bottom of a 4-6 qt slow cooker or a Dutch oven, and scatter on the onions, garlic, chipotle and cumin. Pour the tomatoes and Sierra MistNatural® over all and cover.
2. Cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 7-8 hrs. I used a Dutch oven and cooked it for 3 hours and it was perfectly tender and you can shred it easily.
3. To serve, mound the chicken into warm corn or flour tortillas, or into a bolillo,baguette and top with shredded lettuce and queso fresco if you want. Enjoy!