We had a great variety of cool stories for you this week on NewsTaco. My top pick was a piece examining the different ways we can get more Latinos to participate in South By Southwest’s Interactive conference, then we had some nifty pieces about culture and some thought provoking ones in politics.
Specifically, Mexican Americans, Benito Juárez, Kaleb Canales and sports, Frida Kahlo and a chocolate-chile hybrid cookie were in our cultural picks this week. In politics we had the DREAM Act, voter ID, the Voting Rights Act, and more.
Sara’s Top Pick:
- Mexican Americans Key To Future Latino Growth In The U.S.
- On Benito Juárez’s Birthday: What Would He Think Of Mexico?
- Kaleb Canales’ NBA Rise Paves The Way For Latinos In Sports
- Bien Hecho: Latina Teacher Helps Immigrants Surpass Digital Divide
- Spicy Aztec Chocolate Cookies
- “In Wonderland” Celebrates Latina Surrealist Painters
- The DOJ Rules For Texas Voters, Against Voter ID
- What’d Happen Without Section 5 Of The Voting Rights Act?
- Latinos Keep Asking, “GOP Why Don’t You Like Me?”
- Latinos Still Underrepresented In Federal Employment System
- DREAMers Begin Walk From San Francisco To Washington DC