- 76% of Latino voters voiced support for maintaining environmental protections.
- 94% agree that public lands are “an essential part” of the economies of these states.
- 87% of Latinos believe that having a strong economy and protecting land and water are compatible.
- 88% of Latino voters said that cuts to funding for state parks and protections for water quality was a serious problem in their state, even with tight state budgets.
- More than 8 in 10 Latinos view air pollution as a serious problem in their state, and see the Clean Air Act and other environmental laws as important protections.
- 74% of Latino voters believe suspending environmental laws along U.S. borders to address illegal immigration is unnecessary.
- 78% of Latino voters believe increasing the use of renewable energy will create jobs in their state
- 8 in 10 Latino voters want to reduce consumption of coal, oil, and gas by expanding use of renewable energy.
Thanks to Andrea for the tip!