Even as we wind down the year for the holidays, some pretty exciting stuff went down. The Iraq War ended — huge deal — and we found out that most people in the U.S. support letting undocumented immigrants stay here, that Latinos are being excluded from the Kennedy Center honors, that Billy the Kid had a Latina girlfriend and that Latino viejitos do better in Latino communities. Plus, we have two kinds of ponche recipes!
My top pick of the week was a story about Latino nerds (and it’s not just because I’m a huge nerd!).
Sara’s Top Pick:
- The Iraq War: 477 Latinos Killed In 9 Years Of Combat
- Texas Dems Enlist Young People To Get Out Vote In 2012
- Most Support Undocumented Immigrants Staying In The U.S.
- Spanish Was My First Language, But Sometimes It Gets Rusty
- Kennedy Center Honors Exclude Latinos — Again
- Billy The Kid’s Latino Links Explored In New Documentary
- Juan’s Restaurante: Where Nopales, Health And Yummy Meet
- Elderly Latinos Thrive In Latino Communities
- Mexican Christmas Ponche
- Guatemalan Christmas Ponche