In Mexico, we are use to have lunch or dinner with a flavored drink usually known as “agua fresca”. The wide variety of aguas frescas are unlimited, but the most well known are hibiscus, horchata, pineapple, lime, or strawberries. For today’s recipe, I decided to make a cucumber agua fresca, with a twist of mint (or yerbabuena as we know it in Mexico). This is a wonderful drink to serve guests if you are entertaining, especially if you are outside. Please, enjoy!
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 medium size cucumbers (7 inches approximately), peeled
- 10 leaves of fresh mint
- 4 cups of cold water
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- sugar, or other sweetener
- Coarsely chop the cucumbers and blendthem with the mint leaves, 2 cups of water and the lime juice. Let it sit forabout 5 minutes and strain. Add the other 2 cups of water and sweeten to your taste.
- You can serve it with ice, and a dashof cucumber and mint as in the picture. Salud!