If you haven’t done it (or say you haven’t done it) then you just can’t understand what it’s like to bite into your bologna sandwich your mom made you, or pop your soda cans during the explosions, carefully removing the aluminum wrapping so as not to alert — who? — anyone. Since summer is coming to a close, thought it’d be fun to recap those things we think we can get away with at the movies.
- Soda. When I was a kid we would even wrap the cans in aluminum foil so they would stay cooler longer, although I know others who just buy the plastic 12 ounce bottles, to heck with the temperature!
- Candy. Don’t pretend like you didn’t go on the drug store candy run before heading to the movies — you’re right, I never did, either, I just heard about it one time…
- Sandwiches or Tacos. These may be wrapped in aluminum foil along with the sodas, or perhaps just a paper napkin so that you don’t have to get yourself dirty as you eat your scrumptious contraband.
- Alcohol. This one I’ve actually never done, but I’ve heard it can be done via flask or a big jacket.
- Other People. You know, you hang out by the exit door, open it just at the right time, and boom — your friends or family are in. Two (or more) for the price of one!
So there you have it — did we miss any? Thanks to Oscar for the help with this list.
Follow Sara Inés Calderón on Twitter @SaraChicaD[Photo By David Noah 1]