By Ana Conde, , Courtesy Veglatino.com
- 1 1/4 bag of broccoli slaw
- 1/2 thinly sliced white onion
- 1/4 thinly sliced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup of mushrooms
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce (I used Bertolli Marinara with Burgundy Wine sauce )
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese (or Parmesan cheese veggie substitute if you’re going completely veggie) to taste.
- Spray non stick spray on your pan, add onions, mushrooms and peppers and let them cook through.
- Turn stove to medium high heat add the slaw and 1/4 cup of water.
- Let it cook for around 6 – 10 minutes, depending on how crunchy/soft you want it.
- I wanted it more spaghetti-ish so I cooked it for 10 minutes and it still had a crunch to it.
- Add sauce, mix through and let warm.
- Add a bit of Parmesan cheese mix and again.
- Let cool for about a minute then serve and top with a bit more parmesan cheese.
I ate this alone and it was a huge serving for around 210 calories (give and take with the cheese) but if you do the whole bag and serve it with something else it can easily serve two people.
To make it for two adjust veggies accordingly, maybe a whole onion and pepper, mushrooms is enough in my opinion mine had a lot but I’m a huge mushrooms girl..and with the sauce add little by little according to taste, I like mine sauce-y so after the 1/2 cup of sauce I added another 1/4 cup of water to thin out the sauce and not have to add more (more sauce = more calories = no no).